**Welcome to the Victoria Accordion Club**
We are based in Victoria, British Columbia Canada. Our aim is to enjoy the accordion, the music of accordions, and the people who create it.
Please visit our website for information on our activities, past, present or planned. Just click on the heading tabs in the menu bar to learn more, or to contact us.
For the latest news or update on activities, click on the headings in the top menu bar. For samples of our band performances, click on the heading “Club Events, Activities, Performances”.
For our 2020 performance year, we have a number of formal events scheduled. Some events are ticketed, some are by donation, and others are free. Many events are at Sidney’s Shoal Centre on Resthaven Drive unless noted differently.
- February 26, 2020 – Saanich Peninsula Hospital
- April 7, 2020 – Saanich Peninsula Hospital
- June 2, 2020 – Saanich Peninsula Hospital
- July 2020 – date TBD – Beacon Hill Park, Victoria – open concert; free to public
- July 2020 – date TBD – Esquimalt Music In The Park, Esquimalt – open concert; free to public
- August 8, 2020 – Chemainus accordion day, Chemainus, BC – open concert; free to public
- October 3, 2020 – SHOAL center Oktoberfest – SHOAL Center, Sidney
Accordions “so hot”
click here for article on accordion’s popularity in today’s “anything-goes” music industry
The “fresh face” of the accordion
Hear a CBC documentary on the reviving respect of the accordion.
See samples of our past performances
Music and your brain — the benefits of playing an instrument — (click here)
Come visit us at our monthly jam session on the 3rd Sunday of each month. (**except on statutory holidays).
We meet at the Sidney Shoal Centre, 10030 Resthaven Drive, Sidney, BC (see website). Bring your accordion if you play it, or just yourselves if you don’t! Our jam session starts about 2:30 pm. Guest performers welcome; just let us know so we can schedule you in. Usually 3 songs or 10 minutes per player, so everyone gets a chance to play. A lot of fun and great music. See you there.